Business Analyst (Nottingham)
This Financial Services business is looking for a Business Analyst to join their Change and Transformation team, reporting directly into the Head of Change.
The purpose of this role is to understand business change needs, assess the business impact of those changes, capture, analyse and document requirements and support the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively to understand business and customer needs.
- Lead and participate in requirement capture workshops defining change requirements
- Obtain appropriate management approvals to the required solution
- Apply Business Analysis skills to capture end to end business requirements in order to establish quality business changes (both manual and automated processes).
- Work with the team to provide an easily understood business process to the end customer; taking into account their level of technical awareness.
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders at all stages of the process.
- Seek out process improvements to reduce cost and failure demand, whilst improving controls and increasing service
- Escalate risks and issues and assist with implementation of solution where appropriate.
- Ensure that all decisions are appropriately documented in an audit trail.
- Actively support the change management team with knowledge sharing and best practice learnings
- Work to agreed business analysis framework ensuring that all tasks are conducted such that they satisfy legislative requirements, internal controls and policy conditions.
- Ensure business process approach is handed over to IT or 3rd party development teams in a clear and concise manner that ensures continuity of solution design.
- Review 3rd party design solutions ensuring compliance with business practice and TOM
- Ensure the company fulfils its obligations and is compliant to Data Protection Act, The Pensions Regulator and Financial Conduct Authority regulations.
- Ensure the company fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Pensions Regulator.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Financial Services experience essential (Pensions desirable)
- Data quality experience
- Regulatory experience
- Experience of Business Analysis methodology and industry best practice is highly desirable.
- Experience in creating BPMN diagrams also desirable.
- Strong communication, presentation and organisational skills with an ability to ask challenging questions.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.