My client, a Bedfordshire based Travel business, is currently running a Sustainability Programme and as a result is looking for a Programme Manager to enable and deliver the programme.
The Programme Manager role has accountability for the leadership of a set of projects and initiatives that together deliver defined benefits and improvements to business performance. The Programme manager will work with executive sponsors and functional leads across the business to successfully define the business outcomes, benefits and business case for the programme underpinned by a clear scope and sequence of change required to enable those benefits on behalf of the Programme Sponsor.
- Engage with the Programme Sponsor and functional leads to establish the programme benefits and business case.
- Define the programme's governance structure and ensure alignment to the Enterprise PMO framework.
- Proactively monitor progress, resolve issues and manage risks and report at regular intervals to the Sponsor.
- Develop and manage to an effective stakeholder engagement plan and ensure business leads and subject matter experts are mobilised for success.
- Plan and design the programme to deliver the programme goals with clarity on the decomposition of projects and work-streams.
- Establish a robust dependency management regime both within the programme and against the wider change portfolio or business priorities.
- Promote a "one team" culture and model the the company's leadership behaviours
- Contribute to the formation and development of a Programme and Project management "centre of excellence"
Skills and Experience
- Experience in programme management with a strong track record in delivering to cost, time and quality, ensuring flawless execution and full extraction of benefits
- Good understanding of the aviation industry and low cost carrier business model is preferred and appreciation of the travel sector's competitive landscape
- Experience of designing change projects which align both the 'hard' and 'soft' elements of the organisation e.g. strategy, processes, systems, structure, values, behaviour, skills, engagement and communication
- Proven ability to lead, engage, and influence up to and including board level
- Led programme teams of 50 people.
- Strong coaching skills and ability to transfer knowledge and techniques. Line management of up to 7 direct reports.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.