Our client, a leading media and telecoms services company, is currently recruiting a contract PMO Resource Planner to develop a new capability within the PMO and across Technology.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate programmes and projects being resourced with the right skillsets at the time they are needed and will be crucial to the successful delivery of programmes and projects requiring IT resources.
This role will manage a resource planning infrastructure in such a way as to be able to provide resource management information to the PMO Manager to enable leaders to make effective and appropriate decisions.
This will include:
- developing and managing a capacity planning and resource allocation function across IT; capturing the resource requirements of projects and programmes and balancing this against business as usual activities.
- working closely with Project Managers to understand their resource requirements
- working closely with IT Resource Managers to understand the specific challenges in their areas and support resource planning that minimises impact on business as usual
- forecasting future resource needs based on programme and project plans / resource profiles and the demand pipeline.
- providing views of resource capacity and commitments to be able to demonstrate existing allocations, demand pipeline, future forecasts and where the delivery of programmes, projects or business as usual activity is likely to be impacted
- developing processes to maintain a clear and accurate view of resource demand from both pipeline and inflight projects.
- highlighting any resource conflicts, pinch points, skillset gaps and key person dependencies
- identifying associated risks, dependencies, and issues in an informed and considered manner to support planning for their mitigation.