This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing global IT Services organisation in a Head of / Programme Manager position.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience delivering complex end to end Programmes and associated Business Change in the IT Services industry.
IT services experience would be a real plus as working on both internal and external customer facing programmes is key for this role.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering multi £m transformation programmes and driving business change definition and design.
The role sits in the Group Change function that is accountable for the transformation of the services portfolio covering all IT propositions the proactive development of standard service offerings and changes aligned to the Group strategy. This includes the development/change, adoption and operational enablement of major programmes, both internally and for customers directly. The function is responsible across the Group for predictable (time, cost and quality) outcomes as defined in the business case.
This function uniquely encompasses an end to end view of a service development or change, remediating any out of scope components as required to achieve the business outcome.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- End to end delivery of both internal and external IT and Business Transformation projects/programmes, across all aspects of technology, process, people.
- Mobilise and lead elements of multi-disciplinary major service development/change programmes via the Service Development Framework
- Business change expert - responsible for the change definition and design, shaping initial requirements and working with ambiguity to drive best customer experience and deliver significant and sustainable benefits
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business improvement projects and own cultural change and communications activities
- Drive both the consistency and efficiency of change and business improvement project delivery
- Track record of delivering results in global and highly matrix organizations, managing different teams and business units across the globe
- Responsible for business improvement project quality, and proactively monitor the progress of the projects through project plans, ensuring they adhere to agreed time, scope and budget requirements and realise the benefits defined in the business case
- Provide expert knowledge/support where needed and facilitate the sharing of best practices, and encourage knowledge transfer and lessons learnt activities with the business to drive best practice business improvement and change management
- Implement new methodologies in a tactile and thoughtful way, tailoring your approach to the business needs, experience of agile and waterfall
- Work collaboratively with the business to ensure the solution delivers the outcomes defined in the business case
- Work closely and partner with senior level stakeholders, both internally and build meaningful partnerships with clients
- Define and drive best practice and consistent delivery of service in all locations
- Actively manage project management resource to define and execute against the plans
- Budget responsibility, actively manage key financials, key risks and issues
- Support the development and refinement of the go to market/adoption/training collateral
- Deliver smooth service implementation through development of relationships, operational enablement and incubation.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with C suite and senior stakeholders, Communication and collaboration are critical skills
- Managing remediation of delivery issues for a service offering/change - when it does not meet expected outcomes during incubation
- Liaison with all delivery organisations in developing the service
- Determine the most appropriate approach, tailored to customer and operational needs
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and leadership ensuring an open forum through which to communicate and resolve issues/concerns
- Align leadership (e.g. sponsors, senior and middle management) on key messaging and communication approach across all departments