Exciting new opportunity for an experienced Engagement Manager to join a fast-growing international tech business that works with amazing clients and is partners with AWS, GCP and Azure. This role will play a key role in working with clients (both public and private sector), think some the most well known and biggest brands in the market across industries.
This role will play a key role in driving the business forward, you will be the face of the business. Project Managing multiple customer facing projects, high volume, to ensure clients expectations are exceeded. You will oversee and manage the most prestigious accounts in a growing start up, implement structure and process. You manage the relationship with multiple clients, manage the smooth delivery of the projects and run weekly meetings with customers. Being able to manage customer demands will be key, so stakeholder influence and communication is extremely important.
Internally this role plays a key part in establishing internal process for delivering successful projects.
Previous experience in an Engagement Management role is essential, ideally with in technology. An understanding of Cloud platforms (this is not a technical delivery role) such as AWS, Azure and GCP would very useful so you can engage confidently with customers. Role Background
The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The adoption and adaptation of project management methodologies based on the context of the project and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
The Engagement Manager role takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines). Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders. Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
The Engagement Manager also ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Multiple Software Project/Program Delivery into Corporate Environments
- Experience of Project and Program P&L management
- Software project and lifecycle contract delivery and acceptance
- Software Contract management, SOW, SLA, Milestones, UAT, Acceptance
- Project Planning, tracking, weekly reporting
- Resourcing, recruiting, project management and leadership
- Windows Desktop/Server Software deliveries
- Service & Support experience, SLA delivery
- Experience of working directly with the client and / or as part of a subcontractor team
- Development, architecture, consulting background, ideally Windows applications and servers.
- Development team leader, familiar with software engineering practices, principles
- Ideally Cloud Vendor experience, e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP, UK-Cloud, etc.
- Ideally some DevOps understanding, CI/CD, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Cloud migration of enterprise services and applications
- Takes ownership, leads others, drives customer outcomes
- Team player, leads, brings others with them