My client is a fast paced and forward-thinking Financial Services Business who is looking for a Project Manager to join their Change team, reporting directly into the Programme Manager. This is an excellent permanent opportunity to join a successful and growing business at an exciting time in their journey. Key responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a definition of the project, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor. They will manage the work, plan, allocate and utilise resources in an efficient manner and maintain a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
They will be expected to carry out the following as part of their role (this list is not exhaustive):
Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Determine project needs, developing and maintaining a detailed project plan
- Identify user training needs and manage user training programmes
- Manage project training within the defined budget
- Effectively manage project scope and change control
- As a key member of the Change team, you will have to resolve any cross-functional issues
- Liaise with, and update progress to, Programme Manager/Senior Management
- Provide status reports to the Project Sponsor
- Manage co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work
- Manage project evaluation and dissemination activities
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs
- Ensure the business fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Pensions Regulator and Financial Conduct Authority regulations.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
- Experience as a Project Manager
- Experience within Financial Service
- Ideally data projects – data remediation, data migration, data quality
- Regulatory projects in Financial services would be a bonus, but if they have delivered Financial Services projects over the last 5 years then I would expect to see this anyway.
- Regulatory projects in Financial services would be ideal
- Experience gained within wider Business as well as IT
- Self-starter who is hands on and takes responsibility for own deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Highly organised, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Results and target focused
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Lean/Six Sigma/Agile experience and qualifications
Please apply online today if you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.