My client, a leading global provider of events, publishing and information services, is current recruiting a contract Programme Architect with its Group Technology function. This role is part of a strategically important transformation programme which aims to consolidate, simplify and transform a complex landscape of systems and applications, with a view to help deliver return on investment and to scale for future growth.
The Programme Architect will provide architectural leadership, direction, oversight and, where needed, solution design for the services being delivered across a complex landscape of systems and applications.
Group Technology design, build, run and operate shared platforms that drive customer value at scale, optimising the platforms and related technology assets to provide greatest customer and commercial value at the lowest cost. Digital, customer-facing platforms will be organised around three core domains: Events and Marketing Platforms, Content and Media Platforms and Data Platforms. These core platforms will be underpinned by a common set of functions provided by the Platform Services team.
The Programme Architect is responsible for creating the target state architecture and road-map for key strategic investments into digital products and services that sit within the group’s programme and are delivered through the Group Technology organisation - including Virtual Events, Media and potential new Digital Ventures.
The role provides solution design leadership across various agile delivery teams, ensuring that the solution architecture will support the required business outcomes. As the architectural lead, the role will collaborate with other architects and technical/delivery leads within the wider programme and across Group Technology’s Platform teams to ensure requirements are clarified, prioritised, solutioned and delivered effectively.Responsibilities:
- Act as the Lead enterprise solution architect, providing technical and architectural direction across the Events, Content/Media and Platform Services teams to ensure end to end solutions that orchestrate or integrate multiple service areas are appropriately defined, designed, reviewed and agreed as fit for implementation.
- Guide and steer implementation and delivery teams to ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with agreed designs, supporting design development, providing governance and QA and managing exceptions and changes as required. This will include, for example, help to remove blockers and the definition and prioritisation of NFRs
- Assist or lead technology selection, vendor assessments, RFIs/RFPs and proof of concepts
- Work with development and infrastructure teams to ensure designs support development, build and release processes (DevOps, SDLC etc.).
- Collaborate with colleagues within Information Security and Compliance to ensure end-to-end solutions architectures are compliant and align with Information Security and Data Privacy policies, standards and controls
- Engage with service management as part of solutioning to ensure proposed designs can be appropriately transitioned into production and are supportable
- Ensure appropriate transition to service through engagement with Platform engineering/delivery functions and service management
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture function to ensure Vanguard programme activities remain in line with agreed architectural principles and ensuring the programme remains aligned to wider organisational changes and potential impacts eg acquisitions
- Create appropriate documentation and governance artefacts for communication, approvals and re-use