CMDB Data Analyst3 month contract with a view to extend Remote working, head office based in HampshireUp to £400/ day
My client, an enterprise infrastructure organisation, is currently recruiting a CMDB Data Analyst on a contractual basis. The client is going through a major IT & Business Transformation programme, and one of the main projects within the deliverable is migrating the Service Management tool from Remedy-ITSM and into ServiceNow. Within this project deliverable, there is a requirement to have a fully functional CMDB available in ServiceNow so the main requirement of the role is for an analyst to assist the team with this work.Objective
The role will be required to support the migration of an existing Service Management tool being Remedy-ITSM into ServiceNow. This project/workstream is part of the client's major IT / Business Transformation programme. Main duties
- Collect data and information relevant to Service processes
- Perform data housekeeping to maximise accuracy and perform physical audits of IT assets and perform reconciliation activities to verify asset details
- Attention to detail, methodical and thorough approach to tasks
- Manage asset and configuration records for IT assets and mobile communications devices
- Asset and Configuration management of CIs and data related to these business Services.
- Manage and maintain the data integrity of the CMDB for agreed business services, working with other Service Management teams, using appropriate tools and methods, including selective audit as necessary.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate
- Experience of running Asset Management tools; for example Snow
- Demonstrable experience of successful Asset Management and hardware/software deployment
- Demonstrable experience of successful Configuration Management, including maintaining of the CMDB
- Strong knowledge of the Asset Lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application
- Able to engage with external stakeholders across various levels within the organisation, and essentially have a can-do attitude