1 week ago
City of London
65K - 75K
Job Reference: CD2025_1579088841
This excellent Challenger Bank is looking for a Project Manager to join the Business Transformation team. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of several of our most critical change projects aligned to delivery of the corporate strategy.
- Planning - Successful delivery requires good planning, including building a plan for delivery, cutting the plan in different ways for communications and stakeholder management, understanding and articulation of the Critical Path.
- Scope / Change Management - Successfully managing scope must be achieved by defining scope and managing and change using a formal change process. Maintaining an audit trail of change and ensuring all Change is appropriately impact assessed.
- Resourcing - Understanding the resource required and planning ahead to ensure you get the resource you need, creating the project resource profile aligned with the plan.
- Managing the Finances - Understanding the financial position of the project at any given time and accurately forecasting the funding needed to deliver successfully and alignment to approved budget.
- Risk and Issue Management - Anticipating, identifying and mitigating against the things that could derail a project makes for a much smoother delivery. Managing risk horizons of 3, 6, 9 months and whole life. Skilled at identifying, articulating and quantifying risk - both delivery risk and operational risk impact (both positive and negative) following implementation of change. Deploying a range of effective risk mitigation and management strategies.
- Team Leadership - Effectively motivate and inspire the project team to deliver the desired outcomes. Articulate the vision, objectives and outcomes of the project. Build, lead and motivate a highly effective and focussed project team
- Stakeholder Management - There are often a lot of people who want to be kept informed, often in different ways and at different times, about the progress of the project. Identify all stakeholders and plot on a stakeholder map. Create and implement a stakeholder management and communications plan
- Governance - Ensuring the project is delivered with the appropriate level of control for the change being implemented. A smooth transition through project lifecycle by effective planning and communication, the ability to accurately articulate current Governance position of project along with effective Project reporting.
- Business Case - There has to good reason for a project existing, so you will aid in the development and documenting of an appropriate business case. Identify and map both hard and soft benefits and develop a benefits realisation strategy and plan.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Financial Services experience (i.e. Lending, Banking or other Financial Services).
- Experience in a challenging fast paced financial services organisation environment.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and broad business awareness to enable an understanding of how the project integrates with the rest of the business and what the key enablers and potential blockers are to your delivery.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes.
- Ability to work confidently, thinking strategically and driving execution, at all levels throughout a business through strong influential stakeholder management at all levels including Directors and Board level sponsors.
- Able to think both strategically and to drive execution.
- Ability to engage with and influence executive leadership.
- Ability to adapt to different project management styles and methodology.