Project Manager - Broadcast Media
Exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager at one of the UK's most well know Broadcast Media brands. Responsible for the end to end delivery of change projects for the Broadcast Technology team. This individual will manage the project relationship with suppliers, as well as reporting for the Technology leadership team and wider business.
The Broadcast Engineering team is responsible for delivering all the brands video and online content, you will work closely with Broadcast engineers, PMO team and interface with various business stakeholders and heads of departments.
Previous project experience working on VOD (Video on Demand) is essential, ideally at a broadcast media organization.
The Department is responsible for the functions of Online, IT strategy and support, Research and Development, Broadcast Technology Management and Operations.
- Manage and deliver the full lifecycle of project delivery, implementing governance and structure in order to drive project mentality across the function.
- Facilitate the creation and update of programme or project plans as required by the programme office, identify where cross-project dependencies exist and track/monitor these in support of the programme office.
- Implement agreed regular progress reporting mechanisms for project workstreams and assist the programme manager in the preparation of the programme status/project reports.
- Establish risk, issue and change control processes, assisting the programme and project team in their delivery
- Support the Internal workstream leads to deliver business critical projects.
- Coordination of workstream activities across business users, internal departments and external suppliers
- Manages change control with knowledge and authority
- Attend and provide updates to Steering Committees with WorkStream Leads
- Complete regular updates of all project tracking controls
- Ensure Project is on track and on budget
- Proven track record of working on large-scale change programmes affecting people, processes and technology.
- Experience working on VOD projects/programmes and projects to deliver online content
- Must work regularly with the Broadcast Engineering team and wider Technology Departments and multiple external suppliers.
- Proven ability in managing change/workstreams using an Agile approach
- Excellent Relationship Management (internal, External, 3rd parties)
- Experience working with Broadcast Engineers, able to hold and understand technical conversations and influence in order to ensure business priorities are delivered
- Ideally a recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2
- Experience of owning a plan using multiple methodology to deliver across multiple partners.
- Experience of driving change management, communications and deliverables to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Reporting to Stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
- Goal oriented energetic self-starter able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent prioritization skills, able to manage several fast-moving projects and deliver on time
- The role includes liaising with key stakeholders in internal departments, and close collaboration with the other areas of Broadcast Technology Management.
- Must support the Management Team in providing clear and timely information to the relevant IS Delivery functions in order to notify them of our expected resource and material requirements for each work-stream.
- Will be required to explain technically complex issues to non-technical staff.
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times when dealing with both internal and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Comfortable dealing with Complexity and approaching challenges with a can do attitude and able to problem Solve
- Will work on complex and cutting-edge projects requiring deep analytical thinking and an ability to process and manage multiple technical and business inputs at the same time in order to devise novel solutions to a high degree of detail.
- Has the potential for significant impact on the operational and strategic objectives of the business
- Provides advice and material outcomes which assist in the formulation of business strategy to management concerning the potential future capabilities of our systems and their ability to support new business models and products.