My client, a growing and exciting technology organisation is looking for a Project Manager on a permanent basis. The PM will take full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of client-facing projects. This person will be key to the continued success of this organisation.Role
The management of projects, typically involves the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The adoption and adaptation of project management methodologies based on the context of the project and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
The Project Manager takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines). Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders. Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
The Project Manager also ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.Skills needed
Skills needed (desirable)
- Multiple Software Project/Program Delivery into Corporate Environments
- Experienced Project P&L management
- Software project and lifecycle contract delivery and acceptance
- Software contract management, SOW, SLA, Milestones, UAT, Acceptance
- Project planning, tracking, weekly reporting
- Windows Desktop/Server Software deliveries
- Service & Support experience, SLA delivery
- Experience in working directly with the client and / or as part of a subcontractor team
- Development, architecture, consulting background, ideally Windows applications and servers.
- Development team leader, familiar with software engineering practices, principles
- Cloud Vendor experience, e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP, UK-Cloud, etc.
- Some DevOps understanding, CI/CD, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Cloud migration of enterprise services and applications
- Takes ownership, leads others, drives customer outcomes