Our client, a well-known transport business going through significant Digital and Data transformation is recruiting a Head of Solution Architecture on a permanent basis.Role Responsibilities
- Owns solution options proposed and the architecture of solutions agreed.
- Ensures that the solutions proposed and agreed are delivered as designed through the implementation process.
- Translate business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into a solution, ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture and business strategy, policies and standards.
- For proposals, identifies, compares and recommends Solution Options for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements; performs high level options analyses; develops conceptual architectures.
- Provides mitigation options to address risks identified to sustain the application and infrastructure estate.
- Partners with Programme Managers, Business Analysts and Project Managers to produce high quality business cases as justification for investment in IT projects.
- Identifying and evaluating different technologies and new solutions as part of a procurement process.
- Develops Solution Architectures to specify system, data & integration components; identifies and specifies functional & non-functional capabilities; sets direction for subsequent design and development activities.
- Builds security and privacy capabilities into all solutions proposed.
- Balances strategic, functional, service quality and systems management needs in order to maintain a pragmatic perspective on the development of work products.
- With other architects, ensures the continually evolving representation of the current state is maintained in the enterprise architecture.
- Create roadmaps for priority products and solutions to manage risk, opportunity or a changing business and technology landscape.
- Partners closely with development groups to ensure compliance with the architecture and strategy, quantifying in business terms the consequences of any non-compliance.
- Running a Technical Design Authority that reviews solutions and changes to solutions.
- Provides high level oversight across technical development activities to ensure continued alignment with approved Solution Architectures.
- Facilitates the Architectural Review process to ensure work products are properly governed and align with strategies, architectural guiding principles, policies and standards, quantifying in business terms the consequences of any non-compliance.
- Identify and prescribe relevant standards for the overall technology eco-system.
If you feel your experience matches the above, please apply.