The purpose of the Solutions Architect role is to lead on the architecture, design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs, enabling and building on the Digital Transformation journey. In addition to technology components, the solution architect will work with business analysts on proposed changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models.
This role will provide comprehensive leadership and guidance on the development of solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices, and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible. The role holder will help to develop and apply standardised and consistent approaches to ensure all deliverables are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives.
This role will contribute to the IT transformation journey, including a significant digital product transformation programme, alongside other programmes and projects. The role holder will work with the Enterprise Architect, looking across all business systems, ensuring transformation work is correctly aligned with the overall ‘To Be’ architecture of the organisation. JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of providing solutions for AWS cloud, on-premise and hybrid applications, and assisting with the transformations required to deliver to a cloud strategy
- Experience with digital change and transformation programmes
- Extensive experience of building technology solutions which meet the needs of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audiences in an effective manner
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience in a variety of requirement gathering techniques
- Excellent business process and architectural modelling skills
- An appetite for challenging existing practices in an effective and supportive manner
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Flexible approach to all situations
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & TASKS
- Awareness of Enterprise Architecture techniques and standards, for example TOGAF, Zachman or similar frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of a wide variety of platforms, operating systems, systems software, business applications, ideally related to the education sector
- Experience of working in the Education sector is desirable, preferably within an Exam Board or Awarding body
- Lead the solutions architecture for assigned projects and system areas, taking into account and contributing to the agreed Enterprise Architecture strategy.
- Elicit and understand underlying customer and business needs, and develop appropriate, long-term technology, people and process solutions which meet those needs.
- Contribute to and comply with technical standards, strategies, policies and practices when developing solutions.
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions proposed
- Assess and evaluate the risks associated with the alternative solutions proposed
- Keep skills updated and continuously consider wider IT environment, trends, emerging technologies, etc.
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy adopted for proposed solutions, including systems, software, vendors, potential partners, in-house teams, outsourcing, etc.
- Engage with vendors to select, design and deliver key capabilities
- Work to ensure one architectural strategy is developed and implemented
- Form good working relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout the business