Head of Management Systems and ProcessesBerkshirePermanent Up to £90k base per annum plus bonus and benefits Role
My client, a global Telecoms organisation is recruiting for a Head of Management Systems and Processes to work closely with corporate head office to design, plan and deliver a Global Management System model (Sustainability, Risk Prevention, Quality and Risk Management) in the UK, accordingly to this organisations policies and aligned with local business units requirements.
Works closely with corporate to manage Global Management System methodology for this orgainsation in the UK (deployment of a systematised risk analysis methodology, critical incident management procedures, crisis committee, business continuity plans, risk prevention guidelines and framework, strategic policies related to sustainability and climate change, etc.). To include leading & implementing Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, etc.
Develop and sustain the strategic best practice of the Global Management System in line with the required industry standards, accreditation requirements, and business requirements across the UK Business Unit, aligned with the Corporate guidelines. Main Functions
- Implement the sustainability model, developing and/ or locally managing the following strategic lines to comply with legislation, ISO standards & best practice.
- Health & Safety & Environment.
- Responsible for ensuring all related ISO and other required certifications are gained & maintained
- Manage the audit program to ensure that all nonconformities raised against certification bodies during audits are effectively corrected and independently verified
- Process & Risk Management (link internal audit)/ Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery in UK.
- Conduct risk assessments in UK Business Units, aligned with Corporate policies and models
- Continuous Improvement:
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the UK Business Unit.
- Regulate, control, and improve the quality & management system aspects throughout the UK Business Unit from an integrated perspective.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate to all stakeholders in Corporate the impact on Global Management System.
- Develop the local Management System strategy and the management arrangements for key milestones, demonstrating solid progress against plan. Reporting regularly to Corporate level.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local (Business Unit) and local (Corporate) stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Knowledge in Environment, Health & Safety and Risk Management will be strongly appreciated.
- Chartered Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) CMIOSH.
- Proven track record of leading a Quality & Management System role
- Demonstrated background in main ISO standards (ISO 9001, ISO 2000-1, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, etc.)
- Industry-leading experience within Health, Safety & Environment.
- Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodology experience.
- Multidisciplinary team management and ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders & colleagues
- Fluent speaking in Spanish, German, Italian, or French would be advantageous.
- Leader with a focus on change and innovation.