Senior Project Manager/Project Manager
Exciting new permanent opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager/Project Manager to join one of the UK’s most well-known media and publishing brands. This is an exciting time to join a growing business undergoing a major business and digital transformation that will impact people, processes, and IT.
This role sits in the central transformation team, a highly skilled team responsible for the delivery of business change and transformation across the entire organization. This role will work closely with the Subscriptions team
on a wide variety of strategic projects, including increasing subscribers through engagement and retention, growing the business’s digital offering, launching new products, and implementing new systems.
This role requires a delivery focussed Senior Project Manager, ideally with previous Digital Transformation experience, working with subscriptions teams in publishing or for a national newspaper
. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of transformation projects and a “roll their sleeves up” attitude is essential.
This role will work closely with heads of department and C-suite, therefore excellent stakeholder engagement and high emotional intelligence is essential. A proven ability to build relationships and gain buy in from a wide variety of stakeholders and teams is critical, including subscriptions, sales, marketing and editorial. The ideal candidate will be able to work at pace in a fast-moving environment and deal with ambiguity, implementing agile ways of working and new processes.
This role is fully remote, in future it may require travel into the Central London office.
- Hands on Project and Agile Delivery Management, a successful track record of delivering end to end Projects, full lifecycle management to ensure the successful delivery on time and on budgets
- Previous Project Management experience working in a publishing or national newspaper, working closely with the Subscriptions, Sales, Marketing and Editorial teams
- Previous digital transformation, migrating print product offerings into digital propositions
- Digital Transformation – experience working on new product launches, system implementations, engagement and retention campaigns
- Supporting and guiding commercial and creative teams to monetize new ideas, from conception to delivery
- Bridge the gap between commercial and create teams with the wider business, managing projects and leading Agile transformation
- Work closely with senior stakeholders up to c-suite
- Thrive in a fast pace environment where processes are lacking handle ambiguity
- Delivery focused mindset who is a team player and can manage multiple projects at once
- Agile delivery experience - Project and Agile Delivery Management, planning and implementing new processes, establishment of business processes and methodologies
- High emotional intelligence, excellent communication skills and stakeholder engagement, managing internal stakeholders from a wide range of teams across the business