I am pleased to be partnering with a well-known global Media business embarking on a significant business transformation journey.
As part of this transformation they are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join on a 12-month fixed-term contract for one of their key programmes.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for bringing together the different solution architectures across the various implementation partners and teams, both internal and 3rd party, and creating a seamless end-to-end design. Examples of these are Brightgen and their Salesforce-based Brightmedia solution, Mulesoft professional services and the internal engineers who will be implementing the Mule integrations, local market engineering teams who will be integrating local technology solutions with the global blueprint (Salesforce, Workday, Mule).
The Solution Architect will create market-specific designs that describe in detail the current state, interim states and end states, as well as the specific work involved in moving from one state to the next.
They will fully support the roll-out of CRM / Lead to cash initiative(s), collaborate with many departments in the organization to succeed.
Partner with internal and 3rd party architects and engineers and ensure that all are working together to provide an efficient and seamless end-to-end solution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the delivery of, and play an integral part in defining, the overall architecture for the programme.
- Work closely with the data lead to ensure that any data design ties in with the solution architecture
- Work with the BrightGen architect to ensure that the BrightMedia and Salesforce architecture fit with other parts of the overall global and local market architectures.
- Work with the Mulesoft professional services architect and our internal integration engineers to define common architectural standards for our integrations (logging, error handling and retry logic, infrastructure needs and scalability, fault tolerance, redundancy and availability)
- Define all interim states and system integrations for each market implementation
- Define the final end state architecture, including all markets in scope
- Work with project managers, product management, architects and engineers to define all effort required to get to interim states and the final state architecture.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience of working in complex environments, designing technical platforms across multiple geographic regions
- Recent experience in a similar role leading the delivery of a technical transformation
- The ability to deliver strategic thinking to stakeholders through solutions roadmaps
- Experience in defining architectures and providing technical leadership in a wide range of domains, including aspects of business, digital, application, information, integration, infrastructure and security architectures
- Thorough technical understanding of the broad technology landscape and working knowledge of wide variety of technical platforms:
- Back office and business applications such as GSuite, Finance, Publishing and CRM systems
- Hands-on experience of architectural frameworks and methodologies, driving the creation of architecture governance, standards and frameworks
- Experience of working in an iterative or agile delivery environment.
- Awareness of cost model to select appropriate technical options and provision
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring confidence in conflict resolution, and enabling them to adapt their style to different stakeholders. Can build strong relationships quickly and work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Sensitive to global cultures
- Social and naturally collaborative, with the ability to lead and exercise influence by organising and motivating the team
- Ability to quickly immerse themselves into the project and company culture.
- Confident and approachable manner
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with little instruction or oversight.
- Ability to speak a second language would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience of working within the publishing or media sector
- Experience of working within an organisation with presence across Europe, US and Asia