My client, a leading Technology organisation, is recruiting a customer-facing Programme Director for a significant programme of work, with C-Suite sponsorship.
The Programme Director is responsible for leading and managing the setting-up of strategically important vendors through to delivery of the new capabilities, realisation of benefits and programme closure.
The Programme Director has primary responsibility for the successful delivery of the new capabilities and establishing governance, but also takes delegated responsibility from the Exec. for the direction of the programme.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Securing the investment required to set up and run the programme, and fund the deployment activities so that the desired benefits are realised
- Day-to-day management of the programme, including taking the programme forward from appointment and supervising, controlling and closing the programme
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Establishing the programme's governance arrangements and ensuring appropriate assurance is in place. Implementing agreed recommendations to improve delivery confidence.
- Ensuring the viability of the business case and maintaining alignment of the programme with the organisational strategy and purpose
- Effective coordination of the projects and their inter-dependencies
- Monitoring the key strategic risks facing the programme and managing and resolving any risks and other issues that may arise
- Maintaining overall integrity and coherence of the programme, and developing and maintaining the programme environment to support each individual project within it
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against benefits as the programme progresses
- Ensuring that the delivery of outputs or services from the projects meets programme requirements in line with the programme blueprint and projects dossier, and is to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget
- Strong Technology-led business transformation experience
- Strong understanding of Design, Build, Test and Deploy
- End to end Delivery experience
- £10m - £20m budget responsibility (12-20 projects/programmes)
- Excellent levels of time management and personal organisation; able to multi-task
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Personable and pro-active professional, able to demonstrate full commitment to providing exceptional customer care and service in all activities