My client, a global FTSE 250 organisation, is looking for a Demand Manager working as part of a major business transformation within their Aviation Unit.
The primary purpose of the role is to engage with Sales and Commercial Business Units and other external teams to identify new requirements of work and work closely with the Operations and Delivery teams to ensure:
- There is sufficient resource capacity to meet demand
- Take the lead on capturing/managing the demand pipeline of works and planning
The role is standalone with a number of people reporting into the position indirectly.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Scoping and managing delivery of aviation related projects
- Assessing resourcing demands by task/project/programme to create a portfolio demand plan
- Developing and/or maintaining common tools for resource allocation, services and cost for use across the business
- Provide support and structure to Operations & Delivery Directors for resource planning
- Identify upcoming risks with demand forecasts and develop effective mitigation plans and recommendations
- Analyse and troubleshoot demand related issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in developing annual budgets and cost-effective initiatives
- Schedule regular forecast review meetings with Directors
- Maintain demand planning processes to improve forecast accuracy
- Work with teams to plan, coordinate and execute demand planning activities
- Coordinate with Customer Assurance and Solutions teams to monitor and maintain optimal resourcing levels
- Undertake project management activities alongside demand planning role as required
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Available and willing to travel worldwide.
- Comprehensive knowledge of resource management i.e. demand versus forecast and capacity.
- Experience of large scale resource planning involving multiple staff, skillsets and locations
- Experience in implementing resource planning tools and techniques
- Quick thinking and delivery focused with meticulous attention to detail
- Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams spread across multiple time-zones
- Excellent organisational/project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable change management and coordination skills
- Excellent Project planning, forecasting, reporting and communication skills.
- Good understanding of software development and integration lifecycles.
- Programme / Project Management qualification(s).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft specifically Project and Excel.