My client, a central London based Publishing and Education business, is currently running a digital transformation programme and as a result is looking for a Lead Business Analyst on an interim basis.
The purpose of the Lead Business Analyst role is to oversee and coordinate the business analysis activities for all Digital and IT projects using standardised and consistent approaches to ensure all deliverables are aligned with the company's strategic objectives.
The Lead BA should drive the design, development and implementation of high-quality, fit for purpose IT solutions which enable organisational growth. Working across the full lifecycle of IT projects, they will be responsible for identifying, analysing and communicating business requirements in line with project objectives.
- Lead the Business Analysis activities across the Digital and IT team.
- Take responsibility for all Business Analysis deliverables produced, whilst working with other Business Analysts to ensure standard templates and approaches are utilised in the delivery of fit for purpose solutions in a timely manner.
- Lead the relationship with onsite and offshore developers.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to develop and maintain an effective and efficient way of working
- Assist the Head of IT and Programme Manager with project planning, including the resource and budget management required to meet the strategic objectives of the Digital and IT team.
- Support the business in reviewing, refining and developing business processes to coincide with organisational change
- Assist the business in reaching a common understanding and agreement on what is required / expected of IT systems
- Construct business cases for proposed initiatives/projects
- Elicit, document, verify and prioritise requirements in line with the chosen project methodology
- Review and refine design solutions by working closely with the development team and key business representatives
- Plan and manage functional and non-functional testing and defect management
- Assist in providing second line support for business-critical systems
- Assist in providing user training
- Promote and support business change
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the Education sector is desirable - Exam Board or Awarding body etc
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience in a variety of requirement gathering techniques
- Excellent business process modelling skills
- An appetite for challenging existing practices where appropriate
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Flexible approach to all situations
- Good technical knowledge to enable the validation of proposed system solutions
- Experience of working with package solutions, ideally Oracle Siebel, is desirable