Infrastructure Solutions Architect
I am working with a Leading Financial Services Business based in Cardiff who are looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Architect to join on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will take primary responsibility for the design and end-to-end solutions for project work, aligned to the Enterprise Roadmaps and Vision. They will champion best practices, feed their depth of knowledge and expertise, and offer coaching and consultancy to the delivery teams. They will also take part in the governance forums to ensure the ongoing conformity to the enterprise roadmaps.
Specifically to Infrastructure/Technology, the Infrastructure Solutions Architect will provide the Delivery teams with design support and consultancy for each delivery; support quality, automation and code-first; work with the Seniors/Lead Engineers to ensure roadmap alignment; act as the bridge between the delivery teams and architecture, and ensure optimal use of enterprise assets.
The team has a long history of supporting the business to innovate and bring new products to market. The department completely refreshed the core policy administration systems in 2016 to allow the department and the business to continue to innovate further in the ever more digital marketplace. The department continues to build on top of and around the core systems to bring more innovation and technical excellence, including Cloud adoption, Big Data technologies and furthering our digital offerings.
- Act as a lead in the development of fit for purpose solutions, ensuring end-to-end responsibility from how the users will be affected by the change, ensuring the correct technical choices (within the boundaries of the agreed enterprise assets), to ensuring the scale, performance, security, and quality are designed in from the start.
- Work in tandem with the Enterprise Architects to understand the business goals and vision, and to contribute to the Enterprise Roadmaps.
- Assist in the decision-making process for delivery teams to ensure that system changes are in line with target architecture and that tactical decisions are being made appropriately and effectively
- Producing documentation of a high-quality and to a detailed level. Also ensuring all Decision Points, Building Blocks, Design Principles, Design Rationale, and all interdependencies are understood, documented and communicated across IT, where appropriate.
- Proactively manage and address project risks and issues. Escalate high priority issues to management with suggested solutions.
- Act as a point of reference within the team to provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise.
- Provide consultancy services to internal customers by offering technical guidance, and ensuring architecture principles, design standards and operational requirements are met.
- Act as a coach and provide consultancy to the senior developers and technical leads.
- Delivery of projects on time/budget, adopting delivery focussed working practice and methodologies.
- Contribute to the architecture repository, using approved modelling tools and languages.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- You will use a TOGAF based approach to tackle complex and exciting challenges
- You will work with many technologies across all aspects of IT, but our core tech includes
- Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- vSphere, BigIP F5, Avaya Networking
- JBoss, RHEL, Windows Server, MS Exchange, AD, Citrix
- Terraform, Ansible
- Oracle, SQL Server
- You will be expected to stay current in the technology domain through research / PoCs
- You will oversee the design and implementation of best practices
- You will identify and promote innovative ways of using technology to maximise system benefit