A leading IT managed services organisation is looking for a Project Manager to manage entire projects within their Group Information Services function.
Nature of the role:
- You’re part of the Group Information Services (GIS), in the Infrastructure Projects Portfolio (IPP)
- You’ll engage with the various provisioning team across GIS and other areas within the organisation as required, including: Consultancy, TRG (Engineering), Group Managed Services (GMS), Service Management and the Sales teams.
- Depending on the assignment, you’ll report to a Portfolio Manager.
- Responsible for the overall commercial outcome of project delivery and responsible for the successful delivery of the project.
- You’ll lead a team and interface with Resource Manager from within our network of Internal Service Providers (ISPs). Almost certainly, you will be leading a virtual and/or matrix delivery organisation.
- You’ll report to your customer, often a Service Owner and ensure the required customer outputs are achieved.
- You may work independently as well as part of larger teams, sometimes at our other branches across Europe.
- Your overall responsibility is for the successful outcome for the project or work-stream you are asked to lead, your responsibilities will be defined in the project control documentation and your Terms of reference (see above). These will be delivered alongside the agreed financial outcome of the project or the work package you lead or are assigned against. In support of this, you’re expected to understand and articulate to customers both what the organisation sells and delivers and have a working knowledge of the technology/solution.
- You’ll be responsible for delivering your assignments in accordance with our PMO Standards.
Key experience and skills required:
- ISEB or APM qualified /Prince2 Practitioner qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive track record of initiating, planning, costing complex projects and successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Manages own and others workload.
- Ability to apply Emotional Intelligence with flexibility, to adapt personal style and approach to meet specific customer needs.
- Able to apply influencing skills appropriately to enable the required outcomes for your stakeholders and to enable positive assignment outcomes.
- Able to apply influencing skills to enable the required outcomes for your stakeholders, to enable positive assignment outcomes and proactively manage conflict.
- Understand the wider context of the project you are leading.
- Experience of instant messaging/unified communications and managing virtual meetings.
- Excellent stakeholder management, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to articulate the value of project management to internal and external customers.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Detailed experience and knowledge of initiation, change management, risk management, project change management and the principles and practicalities of running projects.
- Track record of delivering and leading technical infrastructure type projects including introducing new systems / upgrading of existing systems.
- Can demonstrate a history of managing and delivering multiple projects in parallel.
- Proven experience of Microsoft applications including Microsoft Project Plans.
- Experienced in using SharePoint sites and document management.
- Skilled user of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project and other relevant tools.
If this opportunity aligns to your skillset and experience and you are looking for a new role, then please do not hesitate in applying.