Senior Programme Portfolio Manager: Supply & Logistics Transformation
Location: Edinburgh / Glasgow / Remote
Salary: £100-120,000 plus car, bonus, and package
A global fast moving consumer goods business seeks to attract an accomplished and career motivated Portfolio Manager to lead a complex supply planning and logistics transformation agenda and genuinely impact and improve the group’s global strategy through technology driven solutions.
The Senior Programme Portfolio Manager will typically oversee an annual budget of £10m+ and will be accountable for managing this budget, flagging risks & opportunities as appropriate, to end the year on target. Key accountabilities
- Leads a high performing team of Programme and Project Managers to deliver a portfolio of projects within a vast Planning and Logistics agenda.
- Builds the capability of the team and manages performance to ensure the full portfolio is delivered on time, on budget and to the quality metrics.
- Partners with the strategic planning team to ensure minimum criteria for portfolio prioritisation are fulfilled before accepting work into the portfolio.
- Takes ownership for mobilising prioritised programmes and projects to secure funding approval. This includes driving the refinement of the business case and ensuring that costs, timeframes, resource requirements and governance are feasible to achieve the target outcomes.
- Empowers programme and project leaders within the portfolio to own delivery status, risk mitigation, issue resolution, compliance and resourcing, with authority to make decisions at the respective programme or project level.
- Acts as a senior escalation point for severe issues and intervenes to drive mitigation.
- Approves project expenditure and change requests.
- Manages overall interdependencies across their Portfolio with respect to identifying resource synergies, project approaches and opportunities for more effective delivery.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiencies in our ways of working.
This is a senior role that interfaces with senior stakeholders and the wider business and requires significant people management experience to coach and drive performance breakthrough.
Interested in finding out more? Apply with delay to Deltra Group to be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain transformation within a global organisation
- A strong track record of Programme Management within large matrixed organisations delivering outcome-based solutions using both traditional (waterfall) and iterative (Agile) methodologies
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Excellent pan cultural impact and influencing skills
- Has a passion for continuous improvement
- Has the foresight to see potential issues, performance challenges and risks, and has the necessary skills to influence and negotiate with the right people to maintain performance
- Is comfortable (and resilient) working in a fluid, fast-changing environments under pressure with high levels of ambiguity
- An understanding of both the current business’s industry and emerging business, consumer and technology trends