One of the UK's leading Utility organisations are part way through a multi-million digital transformation agenda and are really looking to drive/modernise how they manage the security surrounding their critical national infrastructure. As a consequence they are looking to mobilise a set of initiatives geared around their Cyber Security agenda that will modernise their approach to Cyber Security and ensure the highest level of standards in conjunction with NISD, Cyber Essential and their ISO quality standards.
To support this transformation agenda they are looking to secure a talented Programme leader who has a track-record of delivering Cyber Security initiatives which take into account modern technologies, principles and approaches that will create a best in class security capability.
The ideal individual will have the mandate of implementing a whole broad spectrum of Cyber Security technologies backed up by the sort of experience where they can take what is currently a loose portfolio of ‘ideas’ and turn it into a cohesive programme for delivery.
Additionally your responsibilities will include:
- Shape a collection of projects into a programme to deliver the greatest return on the investment (return may not be limited to financial return)
- Define, manage and deliver a coherent set of business outcomes to realise this return, including whole programme responsibility for business change
- Shape projects and ensure delivery of project outcomes
- Identify and manage dependencies within programme and across portfolio
- Ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of projects within the programme and realisation of the business outcomes
- Management of project teams and suppliers in order to ensure best possible outcome for the organisation
- Work with the Central PMO to ensure staff and contractors are properly engaged for the programme and that any contractual issues are resolved.
- Align relevant activities with the principles of ITIL in the delivery of initiatives, especially in relation to change control, configuration, release management and good governance.
- Establish strong relationships to ensure ongoing programme involvement;
- Ensure various roles and responsibilities are understood and active throughout programme life-cycle;
- Work across enterprise portfolio change teams to assure the delivery of the business plan;
This is an exciting role where they are looking for a genuine Cyber Security thought leader who can take ownership on running and shaping a programme and then ensure its successful delivery.
If you are someone who is available immediately, are comfortable working remotely and are also comfortable working inside of scope of IR35 then I would welcome the opportunity in reviewing your CV.