*This role is outside of IR35**Please only apply if you have the relevant skills and experience in the essential criteria, please ensure it is clear on your CV*
Our client, a Financial Services organisation based in London, require a Business Analyst to assist over a busy period.
The purpose of this role is to understand business change needs, assess the business impact of those changes, capture, analyse and document requirements and support the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders.
Reporting directly into the Lead Business Analyst, you will be expected to carry out the following as part of your role (this list is not exhaustive):
- Work collaboratively with all business functions to understand business and customer needs.
- Lead and participate in requirements gathering workshops with cross-functional teams to define end to end business requirements.
- Produce quality documentation in line with department standards and ensure version control is in place.
- Take business requirements and turn them into user stories that can be easily actioned by the development teams.
- Support development and testing phases.
- Work with the team to provide an easily understood business process to the end customer, taking into account their level of technical awareness.
- Hold communication with customers and stakeholders at all stages of the process.
- Seek out process improvements to reduce cost and failure demand, whilst improving controls and increasing service
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Business Analysis role within the Financial Services industry
- Proven experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments using the appropriate tools and techniques
- Strong experience and proven track record of gathering, defining and documenting business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Good understanding of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) and the ability to create effective user stories and acceptance criteria using Gherkin syntax
- Experience in using JIRA
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to influence and negotiate across the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to explain analysis in plain English
- Excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise tasks and manage expectations
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and should have the ability to interrogate data
- Experience in creating process maps such as BPMN diagrams
- Self-starter able to work to achieve objectives with minimum direction
- Knowledge and/or expertise in Auto-Enrolment Pension Schemes or Life & Pensions
- Experience working on Regulatory, Data Quality and Data Assurance projects
- Knowledge of SQL