An exciting new opportunity for a dynamic and driven PMO Analyst to join a renowned Media organisation as part of a major business transformation programme. This is a well-known brand has a fantastic culture of collaboration and fast paced way of working. A strong PMO background is required, and excellent communication skills are needed as you will be working with a wide variety of stakeholders and senior heads of department.
A primary focus will be on embedding some of the new processes which have been recently introduced and providing support to all project and program managers as required.
The PMO Analyst will be required to use available methods but also pro-actively develop new processes to track the status of programme and project deliverables, milestones, risks and issues. An essential part of the role will be to consolidate information to provide program and board level reports for the department. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to and supporting key PMO processes such as the Change request process and all other Technology Governance processes such as post implementation reviews. Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Monitoring and Tracking project and programme level deliverables and milestones at a portfolio level.
- Designing and producing regular project, program and Board level reports that support effective decision making.
- Tracking project documentation and progress against the Corporate Project framework for all Technology projects in the Portfolio.
- Working with the PMO Manager and other key stakeholders to continue to develop the Corporate Governance model.
- Managing a central risks and issues register that reports risks and issues at a portfolio level and captured in a consistent way.
- Ensuring that all benefits are planned monitored and benefits realisation is tracked.
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
- Maintaining and updating the PPM tool that is one source of PMO reports and other related information.
- Supporting the Change request process by receiving, checking, and logging new changes and preparing information required for the Change Review Board meetings.
- Gathering and maintaining data related to resources within the Technology department. Providing regular reports to ensure that the quality of the information remains current and accurate. Ensuring that key facts and figures are available for the resourcing meetings that enable effective decision making.
- Managing and supporting the contractor recruitment process including renewals and terminations.
- Managing a lessons learned repository; attending Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be recorded and shared.
- Communicating actions and deadlines to the program managers and consolidating plans for the annual planning process.
- Scheduling and organising meetings in line with the Governance Process. Recording actions and minutes for key meetings. Tracking and managing actions to closure.
- Providing advice and support for all projects when they produce Project deliverables.
- Providing training for program, project and resource managers as needed.
- Maintaining internal PO and timesheet systems.
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Experience of programme co-ordination/administration and/or experience of managing small to medium size projects. Exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques, such as JIRA and PPM Toolset Administrator experience.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation skills - the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances and recommend proposals to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall development and delivery methodologies
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level, tailoring messages appropriately.
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively manage time to deliver excellent results