Projects Director – Rail Location: Reading (remote for now)
Salary: Circa £90,000-£95,000 plus discretionary 20% annual bonus and excellent benefits The Company
This global organization is at the heart of the 5G revolution in the UK, they have ambitious aims to scale to and grow the organization, expanding into new sectors and winning new customers. Recruiting the best talent in the market is at the very heart of ensuring these goals are achieved and customer demands exceeded. The Role
This is a once in a career opportunity to lead and run a Rail Transformation
project of this high profile, scale and opportunity to leave a lasting legacy.
As a Rail Project Director, you will lead the first new major railway programmes in the UK, set to rollout critical 5G connectivity
to part of the railway network. This is a hugely exciting and once in a lifetime opportunity lead and be part of a programme to reshape how connectivity is bought to the railways.
Please be aware, experience in Railway Project Delivery (and ideally telecoms)
is essential in order to be considered. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Transformation Leader (Projects Director, Head of Projects, Programme Director) with a successful track record in delivering highly complex e2e programmes and teams. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Lead the delivery of the Rail Project to time, budget and quality
- You will be responsible for engaging and steering suppliers through the complexity of the railway and telecoms industries to deliver great connectivity
- This is an opportunity spearhead the 5G revolution and will therefore take great leadership, stakeholder management and delivery skills
- Work across multiple areas of the business, including supply chain to ensure the programme to support the outcomes of the programme
- Work alongside the commercial organization to ensure the requirements of the Mobile Network Operators and the Network Rail are included in the programme.
- Manage all stakeholders associated with the programme, specifically Network Rail, MNOs, Suppliers, and Corporate
- Accurate and timely reporting of milestone delivery and milestone forecasts
- Interaction with regional Site Management and field teams to ensure alignment of operational and customer outcomes.
- The successful candidate must have experience in Railway (& telecoms would be preferential) leading major Transformation programmes, ideally in Railway Infrastructure and Network Infrastructure programmes
- This role will play a pivotal part in delivering and leading customer 5G network transformation programmes to the rail network
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering major network infrastructure programmes to the rail network, such as the delivery of 5G/5G connectivity, Network Infrastructure transformations in Rail, or to MNO customers in the Telecommunications industry
- Responsible for leading and developing high performing teams, delivering complex projects, and multi £million budgets, leadership of teams through change is essential – you will have a track record of leading teams, in a complex environment
- Managing suppliers in a complex environment and passion for exceeding customer expectation, stakeholder management, including with customers is a must.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and interpersonal skills, building relationships and engaging customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- This role is perfect for transformation leaders who have worked on Railway Network transformations, or at MNOs and have experience in end-to-end delivery of Customer Network programmes (4G/5G, RAN, Towers) etc
- The ideal candidate will have a real passion for customer facing delivery of a wide range of enterprise business transformation, such as Network Infrastructure, 4G/5G, operational efficiency and IT, and system delivery
- Must be able to delivery in complex environments, working with both internal and external suppliers to inspire change. This person will be customer minded, delivering the best possible service will be at the heart of every decision, with a drive to exceed customer expectation