One of the South Wests leading Utility organisations is looking to secure a talented Network Engineer to join their BAU IT function on an initial 6 month contract inside of scope of IR35. The role will be centred around managing all facets of their technical IT Network, covering a number of operational sites in and around the Bristol, Gloucester-shire, Glastonbury area. Due to the nature of the role there will be instances where you will be required to attend sites to tend to technical maintenance.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Network Certification or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Experience in managing and configuring firewalls including Cisco and Check Point with features such as site to site and remote access VPNs and NGFW services
- Experience in managing enterprise wireless networks would be advantageous
- You must be comfortable with troubleshooting computer and server connectivity issues in a critical operational environment.
- Experience of working with support centre call logging systems including change control
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate technical information both verbally and in writing
- Practical skills to clearly document detailed schematics, circuit connectivity and technical information.
- Good understanding of Cyber Essentials Plus requirements
- An ability to act quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritise and resolve technical issues.
- UK driving license
Additionally you will be someone who demonstrates a creative approach where there are budgetary constraints, as well being able to work with 3rd party engineers. Flexibility will also be key, as due to working within a critical national infrastructure environment some deliverables and maintenance activities will only be able to be performed out of office hours as well as on remote sites
If you feel you have a demonstrable background in CISCO switching, Check Point Firewalls as well as the other aforementioned tasks then please APPLY online now for an immediate response.