The Global Process Owner is accountable for the transformation of Order to Cash operating model across the business, which incorporates not only processes, but also risks and controls. The Global Process owner is responsible for driving global, scalable process and control design and delivery across all layers of the operating model.
A senior, respected figure, with the authority and mandate to enforce their vision of how their process area should be implemented, taking into account considerations for transactional, reporting and consolidation systems.Experience
- Background in Finance transformation within a large multi-national organisation
- Be a subject matter process specialist in Order to Cash – including customer management, risk, sales order processing, billing, collections and associated accounting
- Six sigma qualified or equivalent
- Have the ability to drive and lead change
- Strong, credible and demonstrable leadership skills
- Experienced in process analysis, improvement, and excellence
- Degree level education or equivalent with financially-oriented qualification or experience
: build process plans that link with the overall Finance function strategy and plansGovernance
: leadership of global process governance forums to ensure there is effective steering and oversight of global process performance and development, ensuring appropriate involvement and accountability.Targets & benchmarking
: set and monitor targets for process service level performance including both efficiency and effectiveness. Carry out periodic benchmarking and assessment versus leading best practices and latest trends that inform effective and fact-based process strategy setting.Standardisation
: set principles for standardisation. Drive standardisation change agenda and arbitrate where localisation flexibility is required. Lead escalation and steering with Finance leadership group if required.Documentation
: coordinate and own one-version-of-truth process definition and documentation library and lead change control process. Ensure an effective process RACI is maintained aligned to the HR operating model.
Org Design responsible for standardised role mapping to ensure effective operation of processes, SoD and risk and compliance concerns are mitigated.Compliance
: manage compliance with process standards and action against non-compliance, education and training needs.Business growth
: lead process development to support end-to-end process cost optimisation and where applicable growth and new revenue streams ensuring core processes remain relevant and agile to changing business needs.Continuous improvement and innovation
: develop process improvement plans ensuring these are appropriately prioritised and supported by clear cost/benefit business cases. Project leadership through design, delivery, business change readiness and benefit realisation. Responsible for the benefit and value realisation of projects/initiatives within their process area aligned with portfolio plan and agreed business case.Technology
: keep abreast technological developments from the point of view of their applicability and benefits for the business, consolidate needs on behalf of the HR function with IT and 3rd parties supporting technology development and adoption.People
: ensure a strong link between process development and HR people core proficiencies and skills development plans and effective change management and training supporting key process changes.Consultation
: of all relevant parts in the business via close engagement with all interested parties including Tax, Internal Audit, Compliance, Shared Service CentreData Quality
: take ownership of the data quality within their process area with accountability for the sign-off of migrated data as part of the reconciliation processActively sponsor
- new ways of working in the business through engagement activities with key stakeholders
- activities required to ensure data cleansing is completed by the appropriate business areas
- all associated communication activities to end users and impacted communities
- associated training activities, promoting the importance of attendance and take-up in the business
- transition planning activities ensuring that these take into account business as usual activities within their business area
- Validation, sign-off and maintenance of key documents such as process definition documents, org design, SLAs, KPIs, RACM
- Decisions on org and process design and transformation
- Establish governance structure that demonstrates and measures cost and quality of the Order to Cash Global Processes.
- Tenacious and persistent, but also diplomatic.
- Must be a team player.
- Culturally sensitive, and good at building trusting relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadline with limited supervision.