Group Project Manager .
|Industry||Travel and Tourism|
|Rate information||Up to £65000 per annum|
Are you up for a challenge? Do you thrive in leading projects with multiple stakeholders across Europe in complex matrix managed organisations? And more importantly do you have a passion for all things aviation and travel?
We are looking for an energetic business project manager who thrives in complex matrix managed organisations. For someone who loves a challenge and who is equally comfortable with the rigours of project management whilst using excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills to engage and achieve co-operation from stakeholders across Europe. Ability to travel is essential.
We would consider applications from candidates wishing to be based in either our Luton, Stockholm, Brussels, Amsterdam or Hanover office.
The primary purpose of this role is to work with functional business sponsors to lead the specification, planning and delivery of projects primarily within the airline division.
We currently work with Engineering, Airline operations, Ground operations, In-flight supply chain, Supplier management, HR and Finance. So there are a wide variety of projects and areas to keep things interesting. This will require close working with senior stakeholders across functions. You will plan, direct and oversee all deliverables and own both internal and external stakeholder relationships. Success will also be measured by delivering the long term strategy, the achievement of project benefits, effective management of project budget and positive stakeholder feedback.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Projects achieve their objectives and benefits are realised within Project scope, standards, processes, dependencies, risk and business case, through exceptional stakeholder engagement strategies and project management discipline.
- Ensuring integrated business services (people, processes, technologies) are designed to deliver operating models and processes across the Group and help the business to align differing operating models and processes whilst minimising disruption to BAU.
- Understanding the Group and local market commercial needs to deliver benefits in different regions.
- Achieve a high degree of collaboration - motivate, support and guide stakeholders through complex change.
- Ensuring the aims of programmes and projects continue to be aligned with business needs as they evolve.
- Enhancing the service that the PMO delivers.
What We Are Looking For
- Have track record of successful project delivery in leading complex projects across regions, lead virtual teams and coordinate activities.
- Proven strong people leadership, influencing and stakeholder engagement and management skills, in complex matrix structures.
- Demonstrated programme and project management, risk management and governance skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility to achieve business objectives and make the practical trade-offs and balance project objectives.
- Deliver information gathering, analytics, and reporting.
- Ability to operate at pace, providing clarity and direction to complex challenges.
- Business consulting and analysis skills to resolve business issues as they arise.
- Experience or a passion in the airline/aviation/travel industry advantageous.
- Professionalism and integrity, consistently working to high standards and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Broad commercial awareness and good judgement.
- Genuine desire to help the company be successful - leading by example, promoting 'one team' culture, strong desire to add value and go the extra mile
- Calm and patient under pressure whilst thriving in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Strategic and able see and manage the big picture while grasping the detail.
- Assertive yet polite and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Has a positive mental attitude and able to get along with different personalities. "Makes it fun".
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
If you meet the criteria above please apply.
Submit your CV.
Submit your CV below and someone will be in touch shortly.