Group Portfolio Project Manager.
|Industry||Travel and Tourism|
|Rate information||£65000 - £70000 per annum + car allowance, bonus and pension|
Are you up for a challenge? Do you thrive in leading projects with multiple stakeholders across Europe in complex matrix managed organisations? And more importantly do you have a passion for all things aviation and travel?
My client are looking for an energetic business project manager who loves a challenge and who is equally comfortable with the rigours of project management whilst using excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills to engage and achieve co-operation from stakeholders across Europe. Having an ability to travel is essential.
The primary purpose of this role is to work with functional business sponsors to drive the delivery of projects primarily within the airline division of my client. In many cases you will be identifying programmes of change and helping the business with innovative strategic approaches to delivering the programme in order to overcome the obstacles and challenges that you will face. You will also ensure successful delivery of the projects within an assigned portfolio, capturing available synergies, balancing delivery priorities and constraints and managing projects/portfolios inter-dependencies. You will be working closely with the Business Leads to deliver change and benefits.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Help shape a portfolio of change and continually work with the business to drive new ideas and innovation.
- Develop portfolio delivery strategy, managing inter-portfolio dependencies, capturing available synergies.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of an assigned portfolio of business change projects.
Business Relationship Management & Consulting
- Build, own, develop and foster relationships for your assigned business areas and Airlines.
- Develop a good knowledge of the overall business model, key systems, processes, underpinning business operational integrity.
- Provide the main interface between the PMO and the Business, ensuring transparency and communication between Airlines and Aviation functions.
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Understanding the Group and local market commercial needs to deliver benefits in different regions.
- Achieve a high degree of collaboration - motivate, support and guide stakeholders through complex change.
- Portfolio Managers are expected to form strong, positive working relationships at all levels in their client organisations, including Board Members, Heads of Functions, Business Change Leads and various SME.
- Manage a demand pipeline of planned and unplanned business projects and initiatives, ensuring that the Business and the Group receive a responsive service from the PMO and supporting departments.
- Identify business needs and opportunities and feed them into the demand management process.
- Participate in the business's five year planning and annual budgeting processes, providing input, challenging business assumptions and ensuring that technology and people capabilities are understood and realistic.
Project Delivery Assurance
- Ensure Projects achieve their objectives and benefits are realised within Project scope, standards, processes, dependencies, risk and business case, through exceptional stakeholder engagement strategies and project management discipline.
- Provide expert guidance, support and assurance to Project Managers, aimed at achieving delivery of the agreed business outcomes and project's delivery on time, on budget and up to customer expectations.
- Ensure high delivery standards and performance of project teams formed by internal employees, contractors and external suppliers in a matrix organisation.
- Manage the work of contractors within your portfolio.
If this sounds like you then don't hesitate to get in touch.
Submit your CV.
Submit your CV below and someone will be in touch shortly.