Big Data Consultant.
|Rate information||£350 - £400 per day|
This Big Data consultant will be working with a reputable IT Consultancy, assisting them on a project with a high-profile Banking client. The role is based in Zurich five days a week.
The ideal candidate will be from a Developer / Architect/Programmer background with some Business Analysis skills.
The role includes the following tasks
- Implement data transformation pipeline in BigData (data ingestion, transformation and analytical processing)
- Data Science including data querying in SQL
- Query, Process and analyse large data sets
- Data reconciliation and processing
- Clarification and investigation pursuance with stakeholders both in the IT and Business organisation
- Stakeholder communication
- Ensure application is maintainable and supportable:
- Raise / reject change requests to align the business needs for the application with stable day-to-day operations
- Ensure quality of application (e.g. code reviews, NFR coverage)
- Ensure application documentation is up-to-date and complete
- Support stakeholders in planning, reviews, assessments, etc.:
- Support IT organization stakeholders, including Provider, Program / Project Managers, IT Architects, IT Service Manager, IT Application Support Teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or similar education in information technology or information management.
- 3+ years of software development experience in data and bigdata projects - preferably in data transformation area
- Ability to write complex SQL queries (preferable experience in DWH)
- Apache Spark
- Scala or R ( optional)
- Unix Red Hat scripting
- DWH platforms
- Java (he does only need to have good background but not heavy experience)
- Control-M, rundeck
- Any other programming language is an asset
- Working experience in Agile teams, preferably SCRUM
- Distinctive analytical thinking, well structured, solution-oriented, autonomous, proactive, flexible, able to work under pressure, communicative, insistent, responsible
If this role aligns with your skillset and you are looking for opportunities, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Submit your CV.
Submit your CV below and someone will be in touch shortly.